Joining Jen and the gang with 7 Quick Takes.
It’s 2:12 a.m. I’m up. How about you?
This + me = love:
I love my ASUS Chromebook. Really. Truly. Do.
I’ve been meaning to write an SEO-laden lovefest of a post devoted to my darling ASUS, but I doubt I’ll ever have time for that. Here’s a list instead:
- 2.5 lbs. Fits in my purse.
- Keyboard feels normal-sized to me.
- Trackpad is smooth as buttah.
- The battery? It goes, and goes, and goes. I can go a full day of hard work, and up to a couple of days with intermittent work, without charging. It’s amazing.
- Chrome OS? Love it. No issues. I was already a ubuntu devotee, if only for the fact that I don’t have to buy virus protection. (Or software. Or the OS, for that matter.) Chrome appeals to me for the same reasons—it’s not bloated and it updates itself.
- I’ve figured out the workaround for almost every single thing I need to do on a computer, with the exception of Adobe and Scrivener (and the latter isn’t necessary right now). My life already ran out of Google; now Google owns me.
- Beats using a tablet, any day.
- Did ya see the price tag?
I take it pretty much everywhere and do pretty much everything with it. My only complaint is that the screen is a little shiny. But for $230, that’s a flaw I’ll take.
…is the pile of brochures, notes, and business cards from the Catholic Writers Guild conference in July, still sitting on my desk. I’ve meant to follow up with everyone I met, but with our vacation, followed by one sitter moving out and the other sitter moving in, followed by the start of school—it hasn’t happened.
Soon. In the meantime, I can encourage any and all Catholic writers out there to GO to the live conference next year. It’ll be in New Jersey, but don’t let that deter you.
(I just made a NJ joke. Can you tell I’m married to a NYer?)
My review of Rachel Jonat‘s new book, Do Less, is live at Real Housekeeping today. Take a moment and check it out. I’m a big fan of Jonat’s blog and have found her brand of minimalism both practical and life-altering.
Minnesota vacation photo dump:
That’s all for me. Have a great weekend, everyone.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!